We think bikers are a pretty straight-up bunch. We like to know what’s what and some questions demand an answer. This is a list of the questions we’re asked most often – and we hope our answers are helpful. Don’t let this stop you getting in touch though; when we’re not out riding, we’re always happy to chat on the phone or answer emails. And if there are any other questions you think we should answer on this page, please let us know.
Simply click on a question and all will be revealed.
How do I book?
- Check our calendar and use our Booking Enquiry Form to send us your details and we’ll get back to you. Alternatively, call us on 0034 971 180 783. If we’re out riding please leave us a message with your contact details and we’ll call you back. We offer a bespoke service, so we like to talk to all our customers. We will help book exactly the right holiday for you.
How do I pay?
- We require €50 per person deposit in advance to secure your booking. We usually do this via PayPal or credit card. Full payment for all participants is taken on the day of the ride, cash or card is fine. In case of cancelation no deposit refunds are available so we advise that you take out your own trip cancellation insurance. You can also pay online via PayPal or via a bank transfer to our account.
Are you open all year?
- Our riding season is most of the year, except for late July and August when we close because it’s too hot and there are too many people blundering about on the roads in rental cars and tourist coaches. April-June and September–November are our favourite times, but you can see from our Facebook page that we enjoy bright clear riding weather pretty much every month of the year. A December or January trip can be a great antidote to winter blues and some of our best rides can be had in the off season.
Can I rent a bike to ride on my own?
- Sorry, but no. Our bikes are too valuable to be released to solo renters, they can only be used on official Albion excursions.
How experienced do I need to be?
- Our insurance policy stipulates you must be over 25 and have held a full motorcycle license for a minimum of three years. We also ask you to bring a current motorcycle insurance policy as evidence that you are regularly riding your own bike, although exceptions can be made – if for example your own bike is off the road.
What if I can’t ride bikes with right-foot (or left-foot) gear changes?
- We have four left-foot change and four right-foot change bikes. If some of your party can’t ride with right-foot change we can hire in a couple of modern rental bikes to make up numbers.
Can we ride for more hours if we wish?
- Schedules are flexible and we do our best to give guests what they want. Let’s discuss your requirements on the phone.
Can I bring a partner to ride pillion?
- Yes but at our discretion as pillions can affect the handling, especially on classic bikes. We often take our clients’ partners as pillions on our guide bikes – the pillion feels safe with our guides and their partners can enjoy the bikes without distraction. Each pillion will be subject to a daily cost supplement of €25 per half or €50 per full day. We can also arrange for friends or partners to be transported to our lunch stop if you prefer to ride solo but can’t get a free pass for the whole day!
Do you provide helmets and riding gear?
- Yes, basic open-faced helmets, a jacket and gloves are included in the price of your trip. However, many guests prefer to bring their own gear as bikers are all such different sizes and notoriously picky about their preferred riding gear.
What happens if it rains?
- In Mallorca when it rains it can really throw it down, so we reserve the right to cancel the excursion and refund the day’s fee. Better safe than sorry.
What happens if someone has an accident?
- Albion excursions are more about relaxed enjoyment than outright speed, but if a rider were unfortunate enough to have an accident, we would have to make a report to the Mallorcan Police and, if necessary, call an ambulance – just as we would in any other country. We take a refundable deposit of €1,200 per bike before you start out on your first excursion – usually as a swipe from your credit card. We will retain this until the end of your final excursion. If our motorcycles are returned undamaged we will refund your deposit entirely. If you damage one of our motorcycles you will lose part or all of your deposit depending on the cost of repairs.
You are strongly advised to take out your own travel, medical and health insurance to cover you for accidents etc. Our vehicle and trailer will normally recover after minor accidents.
Can you provide bespoke tours?
- Yes, we pride ourselves on helping our clients make the most of their time on the island, so let us know your requirements and we’ll do our best to make it happen.
Do you do evening or night rides?
- We are happy to add them in as an extra ride at extra cost, but it will depend upon road and weather conditions and the experience of our guests. Ensuring the safety of our guests is our primary concern.